Sunday 31 October 2010

GOTD Rickenbacker 370\12

Currently Ed Roman Guitars in America is selling the Original Roger McGuinn Rickenbacker that was used on all the hit songs of the 60's. Yours for a mere  $750.000.00 . This is the one from all the TV Shows & almost every original hit song performed by 'The Byrds'.



Of this guitar Roger McGuinn says:

"We went as a group to see A Hard Day’s Night multiple times and were totally taken with The Beatles. I liked George Harrison’s Rickenbacker 360/12, but I couldn’t find one that looked like his with the pointy cutaways, so I bought the blonde 360 model. I thought it was beautiful, like a golden palomino and the checkerboard binding reminded me of Gene Autry or Roy Rogers. I loved that guitar and played it eight hours a day. It was later stolen and I discovered that it was auctioned off in England for over $100,000. Given the statute of limitations and the difficulty in dealing with laws in a foreign country, there wasn’t much I could do, even though I considered myself the legal and rightful owner."

If your jingle jangles can't quite afford this then you can always settle for a reissue Rickenbacker 370\12 RM